There is a wonderful proverb that states that bitter is good and we can simplify that when we eat bitter groud, neem leaves, etc in our diet. In fact, Mother Nature produces incredible medicinal natural oils. Presently there are over 100 essential oils. One such powerful oil that has many uses including health and beauty is Neem oilNeem oil is extracted from the seeds of the neem fruit and smells nutty and garlicky. Neem trees are native to India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh and are used in Ayurveda medicine.The neem tree is revered in India, described as a “sacred” and “healing” tree. Neem leaves, bark, and flower have been used to treat malaria, leprosy, diabetes, ulcers, asthma and so much more. Today this blog specifies more on neem goodness.
Ayurveda practitioners use neem oil as an antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial, ant diabetic, and to treat various skin diseases. Neem oil has two elements named nimbin and nimbidin which are known as defense mechanism building elements, by which neem oil acts like an antiviral and anti-bacterial agent. However,neem oil can be dangerous and is not recommended to be used by pregnant, women who want to be pregnant, or women who are lactating. Using neem oil for serious health issues such as those listed above should only be done so with the supervision of a medical professional or qualified person. Neem is known for its famous properties to keep your skin ageless.Used for centuries, neem leaves and oil are effective at treating acne, skin irritations, blemishes, acnes scars, and aging signs. Neem oil with its anti-bacterial properties removes bacteria from skin that may result in break outs. It consists of a compound that acts equal to aspirin which helps remove the acne causing bacteria.The antioxidants present in neem oil can aid the skin to look young by preventing free radical damage.
Usage of Neem-The regular application of neem oil on your face will help lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Use the water from boiled neem leaves to treat skin. Dab cotton ball and treat affected areas.
- Use neem oil directly on skin to treat blemishes, black heads, white heads, skin irritations, and acne.
- Make sure to exfoliate your skin prior to oil treatment for best results.
- Use neem oil for white teeth and healthy gums.
- Not only will neem oil naturally whiten your teeth, it will reduce tooth decay, cancer sores, and gingivitis problems.
- Chew on the neem bark for healthy teeth and gums.
- Put a few drops of neem oil between your fingers and run dental floss through your fingers, spreading the oil on the floss. Then floss as usual for healthy gums.
- Use neem powder or a few drops of oil on your tooth-brush and brush as usual for white teeth.
- Use tooth paste with neem oil to brush your teeth.
- A proper head massage with neem oilwill keep your hair beautiful and shiny as well as your head scalp healthy.
- Add a few drops of oil to your regular shampoo and use it on your hair, leave it for a few minutes, and then rinse.
Neem oil and extract can also be found as active ingredient in shampoos. It is believed to cure dandruff in a natural way. Neem based shampoos aid to flush out the scalp related problems like itchy scalp and psoriasis.The regular usage of neem oil prevents hair loss and promotes the hair growth from its roots. The essential oil can also treat frizzy hair. So, one can never get enough of neem goodness in day to day life.