The summer is here and so is the diverse disease that causes worry. One such disease is Jaundice which is the most common of all liver disorders. In fact, it’s a medical condition with yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, arising from excess of the pigment bilirubin and typically caused by obstruction of the bile duct, by liver disease, or by excessive breakdown of red blood cells.This characteristic yellowness is seen even in the eyes and the fingernails. Stools and urine also get colored. The yellow colour is an indication that the circulation of bile is in excess. There are diverse treatments available, but in today’s blog we shall discuss about how to treat jaundice at home.
First let’s discuss about its symptoms like yellowness of the skin,indigestion occurs and the person becomes very weak. Jaundice may also cause the body to itch.
The symptoms of jaundice are extreme weakness, headache, fever, loss of appetite, severe constipation, nausea, yellow discoloration of the tongue, eyes, and urine and the colour of the stool becomes whitish.
The jaundice may be caused by the obstruction of the bile ducts which normally discharges bile salts and pigment into the intestine. Other causes are certain disease affecting the liver as typhoid, malaria, yellow fever and tuberculosis.
Here we discuss a few natural remedies to cure jaundice. This natural home based treatment gives beneficial result.
Home Remedies for Jaundice-
- Jaundice Treatment with Sugarcane- Sugarcane juice is the best remedy for Jaundice. Drink a glass of sugarcane juice twice or thrice so that urine can pass adequately and patient gets nourishment.
- Jaundice Remedy with Neem- Collect some fresh editable Neem leaves. Crush to extract juice. Mix half tablespoon of the juice with two tablespoon of sugar in a glass of water. This liquid taken early in the morning is very helpful.
- Reduce Body Heat with Coconut water- Drink coconut water(nariyal paani) twice or thrice a day. This will clear the urine and reduces body heat
- Jaundice Treatment with Bitter-gourd (karela)- Make the juice of some fresh bitter gourd.. Give two spoon of juice twice daily. Slowly the yellowness of the eyes will fade
- Jaundice Treatment with Barley Water- Barley water should be taken several times in a day.One cup of barley should be boiled in three litres of water and simmered for three hours.
- Cure Jaundice with Radish- Eating fresh radish every day in the morning is beneficial for the patient. The juice of the green leaves of radish is also valuable in curing the disease. Half a litre of juice may be taken by an adult patient regularly for a week.
Well, we are not saying that medicines are not required but these above procedures on how to treat jaundice at home is quite beneficial for the patient in large.