Sony Mirrorless camera A7 in 2018
Well sony A7 was announced in October 2013, and since then Sony has been actively challenging traditional DSLR in full frame world with its incredible mirrorless technology. At that time photographer, professional and passionate like me were quite skeptical towards this new Sony mirrorless game in full-frame. The main reason was fewer lenses available for Sony FE mount.
Fast forward in 2018, and the key question is Sony A7 a good camera and does it has any place in today’s heavily innovative bodies from Sony itself but also Nikon and ok Canon also. Well, it depends on how you see. Let’s take a look on the key feature of Sony A7 first and then I tell you my thoughts on it.
Sony a7 Specs
- 24.3 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with OLPF
- E-mount with support for FE, E, and A-mount lenses (with adapter)
- Bionz X image processor
- Hybrid AF system with 25 contrast-detect and 117 phase-detect points
- Sealed alloy and composite body
- Multi-Interface Shoe
- 3-inch tilting LCD with 1.23 million dots (640×480, RGBW)
- XGA (1024×768) electronic viewfinder
- Diffraction correction technology
- Full HD video recording at 1080/60p and 24p; uncompressed HDMI output
- Wi-Fi with NFC capability and downloadable apps
Does Sony A7 still a good option in 2018? let’s find out. If you are starting photography now or you are already passionate about photography and shooting with crop sensor or even small sensor. Or Might be you are already enjoying Full frame format but on another brand like Canon or Nikon heavy and bulky DSLR and want to test mirrorless technology then, I believe Sony A7 is very good option to start with. Actually, I did it, I have bought is second hand with a kit lens in less than 600 USD, and believe me I am very happy with it.
Check out some of the photos which I took
With kit lense.
You can check much more on my Instagram and if you want to get your hand on some of the raw fills feel free to contact me leave msg on that instaphoto and I will get back to you.
So the point is I decide to go for Sony A7 in 2018 so I can test sony system and I am actually loving it but also I will buy some good glass as Sony has quite a good range of G-Master lenses in FE format with both F/4 and F/2.8. I have been comparing the prices from three major players in this area.
Off course, Canon is the cheapest and you can find many used good lenses in canon system but on the bodies side canon is not innovating more, in fact, CEO of Canon has mentioned that Canon doesn’t want to be in number one in innovation and we can simply follow the footprints of other manufacturers.
So in my point of view if you are new to sony or you want to get Full from the decent camera then Sony A7 in 2018 is the very good bargain of your money and then you can spend rest of your wealth on buy some crazy and faster lenses.
Sony A7 in 2018 could have some compromises which I have noticed very quickly and for that reason either I will go eventually on A7rIII or buy A6500. So what you don’t get with Sony A7 in 2018.
Not good in A7
- High frame rate
- Bad ISO performance on higher levels
- No in-body image stabilization.
- Only 1080P video capabilities
- Smaller battery (Not big of the issue for me)
So if you are going to shoot fast moving object then either you should buy a crop sensor fantastic A6500 or go for A9.
- Microsoft Xbox One X Top Specs
- Google Home Mini – What is it?
- iPhone 8 vs iPhone 7 – Should you upgrade?
- 5 ways to sell your photos online
- Blackberry KeyOne Limited Edition Complete specs
- Best Tablets for Kids
- What is Moniri Otovent and Otovent
- 5 Best Power Banks Under 50 USD
- Oneplus 5 detailed specs
- Samsung Chromebook Pro is finally here
- Best voice Assistant
- iPhone 8 Release Date
- Blackberry is finally back with KeyOne
- Pure Android Google Pixel and Pixel XL