Do you want to know how to keep costume jewellery looking its best? Women folks often love buying super trendy and cute pieces of costume jewelry, but they can be a little tricky to take care of. If you’d like to know how to keep costume jewelry looking its best for as long as possible, take note of these easy tips on fashion jewellery care.
- Keep It Clean- One of the best tips in learning how to keep costume jewellery looking its best is to keep your stuff clean. Whether it’s a ring, necklace, bracelet or earrings, exposing them to lotion, perfume, oil, water or any harsh chemicals is a recipe for destruction. Be sure to always take off your jewellery before you apply lotion or perfume or expose it to any water.
- Give It a Break- This next costume jewellery tip encourages you to give your fashion jewelry pieces a break every now and then. Most fashion jewelry isn’t meant to be worn on a daily basis. Therefore, if you do wear them very frequently, you might notice discoloration. Costume jewelry will also look better and last longer if you wear it only on occasion.
- Bag it up-The best way to prevent tarnishing, chipping, tangling and damage is by storing your fashion jewellery in a soft pouch. Jewellery boxes come in at a close second, but storing the pieces individually in a #bag is the best way to prevent damage.
- Take it off- Always take off your jewelry before going to sleep, bath and like.Sleeping with your jewelry on is a sure way to damage it or even break it.In addition to damaging your piece, sleeping with your jewellery on can also scratch or discolour your skin.
- Make It Shine- If you already own fine jewellery cleaner, you can likely use the same cleaner on your costume jewellery pieces.One must avoid any cleaners that contain acid, alcohol, vinegar or ammonia as they can damage your jewelry.
Clean after Wearing- Another costume jewelry tip to consider is to clean your jewellery after each wear. It might seem like a hassle after a long day, but it can make a huge difference in the way it looks and how long it lasts. There’s always the possibility that you got soap, lotion, oil from your skin or some type of chemical on your jewelry while you wore it, so don’t put it away before you get the #chance to clean it or at least wipe it down with a soft cloth.
So, these are the top tips on How to maintain artificial jewelry.